Onions though strong on the outside, are quite delicate inside. You don’t really need a storage rack to keep onions in your kitchen, unless you need to store them for a long time. You don’t need to refrigerate onions, all you need to do is make sure you keep them in a well-ventilated place. Things are, very different when you are storing tonnes of onions or you need to transport them.
Onions are damaged very easily when you put a lot of them together. Onions need space and so when transporting them, wooden onion boxes are the ideal way to move them from one place to another.
Let’s have a look at some of the advantages that wooden onion boxes have over other storage and transport options.
- Wooden boxes are firm, sturdy and easy to transport
- Wooden boxes are reusable, you can repair them and use them for years
- Compared to sacks and nets, they have a greater efficiency
- They offer optimum ventilation ensuring your onion produce is protected
- Wooden boxes are resistant to weather changes and protect the onions inside from moisturel
When selecting wooden boxes for your onion crop, you should also keep these ideas in mind:
- It’s important to invest in quality wooden onion crates – untreated wood is susceptible to fungal infection
- Disposal of wooden crates after years of use can pose a problem
Hence it is important for you to choose the right onion crate manufacturer.
Here at Rowlinson Packaging Ltd, we offer quality onion crates made from home-grown or imported timber, ensuring that these crates are built to last. We offer crates of different sizes and have clients all over the UK. We offer an excellent crate repair and crate disposal service, ensuring complete peace of mind from start to finish. Check out our wooden onion crates online, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.